Recruiter III – Personnel Recruitment – Maitland
AdventHealth Maitland seeks to hire a Recruiter III who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1908, AdventHealth is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The 2,286-bed acute-care medical facility, comprised of eight hospitals, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the country for the past 10 years. It serves as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
The Recruitment Service Center is located in Maitland, FL. This department includes full-service system recruitment strategy, recruitment, testing, and new hire processing. The Strategy Team provides recruitment marketing solutions to increase both active and passive candidate applications in all areas, but specifically for our hard to fill areas such as nursing.
Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm; Friday 8am – 3pm
The Recruiter III partners with assigned hiring managers to forecast staffing needs, develop candidate pipelines, source, market and attract talent. Partners with Recruitment Strategy and Sourcing teams, and hiring managers to formulate strategy to acquire talent for open requisitions. Using behavioral-based interview techniques, the Recruiter screens, interviews and selects candidates for potential employment. Collaborates with hiring managers and selects the top candidates for further interviews and on-site visits at the facility level. Extends offers and oversees onboarding activities. Negotiates and brokers agreements with leadership position applicants. Is accountable for service level agreements. Reviews HR metrics to recommend hiring strategies, while working with the Strategy team to recruit for hard-to-fill positions. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Proficient with applicant tracking system and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and be a team player, utilizing strong customer service and organization skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and build rapport and relationships via telephone, internet and social media
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization and applicants
- Knowledge of structured candidate assessment methodologies, i.e. behavioral-based interviewing, for candidate selection (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, or healthcare/other-related field, AND Five years of experience as a recruiter
- Experience with social networking, recruitment search engines, social media, job boards and candidate databases
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, or healthcare/other-related field (Preferred)
- Eight years’ experience in recruitment and/or healthcare (preferred)
- Experience utilizing innovative sourcing, screening, and recruitment tools and techniques to recruit quality candidates (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Sr. Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification from the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), or Society for Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Society for Human Resources Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) (Preferred)
- Recruiting certification such as Recruiter Academy Certified Recruiter (RACR) or another recruitment-specific certification issued by AIRS Recruiter Academy (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Partners and develops strong collaborative relationships with hiring managers, strategy and sourcing teams to identify and recruit top talent, and maintain adequate staffing levels. Consults with hiring managers to define short- and long-term staffing needs. Partners with hiring managers to review attrition rates, business plans and projected trends in staffing.
- Develops strategy to acquire talent to ensure vacancies are kept to facility-specified levels. Uses external scan tools to understand the market and educate the hiring manager on labor market conditions, and to market positions to potential candidates.
- Uses intake session process, develops recruitment plan and sets service level agreements with hiring managers.
- Utilizes telephone and on-demand video screenings, resumes, electronic applications, certifications/licenses and assessments to determine if candidates meet the minimum requirements of the job description.
- Communicates the hiring process, status updates, and next steps in a proactive manner with each qualified candidate while maintaining accurate and timely documentation of candidate progress in the applicant tracking system.
- Manages the qualification, interview and selection process. Recommends the final three candidates for hiring manager interviews. Participates in post-interview debrief and feedback sessions with interview teams to ensure selection of the best candidate. After interview, provides timely, constructive feedback to candidates not selected for hire.
- Prepares salary offers and receives hiring manager approval to extend job offers, sign-on bonuses, seasonal agreements, relocation agreements and any other incentives, as applicable. Manages counteroffers as necessary. Negotiates and brokers agreements with leadership position applicants. Communicates with Recruiter Assistants to ensure all onboarding activities are completed prior to the candidate’s start date.
- In conjunction with the Sourcing team, develops and implements recruitment plans for assigned departments and/or key jobs that identify sourcing activities, project recruitment costs and take into consideration other issues that impact the ability to recruit and retain qualified staff including, but not limited to compensation and other labor market issues.
- Coaches and mentors recruit team members in best practice strategy. May oversee workflow for assigned recruitment team. Assists with training of recruitment team members.
- Manages and/or completes projects as assigned.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Recruiter III opportunity with AdventHealth Maitland and apply online today.