For The Culture Magazine is a black-owned magazine designed to express the news and arts of African Americans and other POC's.
We are looking for an enthusiastic staff writer to join our editorial team. You will work closely with the editor-in-chief, reporters, and freelancers.
Ultimately you should be able to deliver good quality content like news posts, reviews, and features.
- Perform research on different topics.
- Analyze and interpret findings by breaking down data.
- Uncover newsworthy stories.
- Interview key people.
- Writer content with readers need in mind.
- Ensure your pieces are accurate and objective.
- Establish contacts and sources to use in future research.
- Maintain notes in written or electronic form.
- Contribute to content idea generation for publication.
- Stay up-to-date with local, national, and international affairs.
- Proven work experience as a staff writer or reporter.
- Demonstrate portfolio of published articles.
- Computer proficiency. (MS Office, Digital-Editing, Web Search and Database)
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fact-check info.
- Good observation skills.
- Broad knowledge of headlines.
- BS Degree on journalism, communications, or related field.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Hours per week: