GENERAL SUMMARY: The Lead executes the day to day business plan created by the Senior General Manager/General Manager and fosters a positive customer and employee experience. The Lead supports the on-the-job training of associates while communicating development feedback to the leadership team. The Lead supports the leadership team in fostering a positive work environment that ensures both internal and external customer satisfaction and drives sales. Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. The Lead is required to work together with peers and sales associates and perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the leader on duty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Lead is also responsible for the Areas of Accountability that fall under each category below.
- May occasionally act as the Leader on Duty as needed and consistently models the brand service standard and sub-brand selling behaviors during non-peak business hours.
- Enforces all Loss Prevention policies, and communicates violations to the leadership team or the Code of Business Conduct Hotline.
- Executes shortage action plan to minimize loss while achieving shrink goals.
- Maintains company standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor and stockroom.
- Shares feedback from customers with leadership team to improve the overall customer experience.
- Treats all customers with respect consistently and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Role models a positive work environment for all employees.
- Ensures all back room areas including bathrooms and employee break areas are cleaned regularly.
- Influences employees to support an operationally efficient and effective process driven environment.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Field Employee Policy Guide and Code of Business Conduct.
- Supports the leadership team to ensure Store Compliance Audit standards are met and maintained.
- Communicates daily goals and priorities to support associates, redirects activities as necessary to achieve productivity standards.
- Helps store drive all KPI’s as determined by Store Leadership Team as it relates to the Lead’s areas of responsibility.
- Supports on-the-job training for sales associates on company initiatives and standards to ensure that everyone fully understands company direction.Talent Management
- Communicates any policy violations to the leadership team in a timely, confidential manner.
- Communicates development feedback of sales associates to the leadership team.
- Supports employee engagement by recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance Action OrientedComposureDrive for ResultsListening ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS:
- Customer Focus
- CORE COMPETENCIES
- Reports to the Assistant General Manager/Assistant Manager.
- Supervises Sales Associates.
- Interacts with District Manager and other Business Partners.
- Ability to model professional behavior, as outlined in the Code of Business Conduct, at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Sales Associates, customers and management.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instruction.
- Ability to create a positive work environment.
- Ability to listen to feedback and take constructive action.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service when on sales floor.
Minimum educational level:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six months of Gap Inc. experience preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, including opening and closing shifts, to meet the needs of the business.*
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.*
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent