Giant Food is now hiring Asset Protection Associates who are able to work in multiple stores throughout the Baltimore area including Baltimore, Timonium, Dundalk, Towson, and up through Bel Air and Abingdon, MD.
Job Objective: This role is responsible for the protection of company's retail store assets by investigating the loss of asset(s) including merchandise, money and property. This role is responsible for preventing loss and shrink within their assigned stores thorough monitoring, investigating, surveillance and other LP tactics to include apprehending shoplifters.
- Detect and resolve internal and external theft incidents.
- This incumbent is the primary contact for any safety and security issues for stores in area of responsibility.
- Tours stores daily, identifying deficiencies and executing corrective action as necessary.
- Maintains awareness of high risk areas in order to reduce/control merchandise losses.
- Review shrink best practices and execution of shrink reduction strategy drivers on store visits. Check areas such as rotation, backroom organization and additional follow up areas assigned by supervision.
- Review shrink reports and assist in reacting to issues and opportunities seen in assigned stores.
Better Place to Shop
- Assists in the implementation and communications of company policies and procedures related to safety and security training programs.
- Ensures a store environment safe from theft and provides a secure destination to shop
Better Place to Work
- Ensure stores are secure for Associate safety from theft internally and externally
- Assists in the implementation and communications of company policies and procedures related to safety and security training programs