Goodwill Industries of Northern New EnglandPortland, ME2017-02-03
Do Something that Means Something!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
Valuable job training with growth potential.
Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities.
Benefits including: Health, Life, Dental and Vision. (Full time employees receive full benefits and part time employees receive pro-rated benefits)
403b retirement plan
Discounts on personal cell phone plans
Local community discounts
Hourly Rate: $18.69 - $19.24
Job Summary :
1)Responsible for the advocacy, care coordination, case record maintenance, and third party payment negotiations for individuals with acquired brain injuries.
2)Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through
the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
3)Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
Leadership Level: Level One (L1)
Leadership Level Competencies:
1) Team Building - Fosters cooperation and teamwork.
2) Customer Orientation - Establishes and uses communication and feedback to ensure the requirements and expectations of customers are met.
3) Flexibility - Adapts behavior and work methods in response to ambiguity, new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
4) Self-Direction - Manages own time effectively and efficiently. Initiates appropriate action without being directed to do so.
5) Problem Solving - Encourages employees and others to identify potential problems and obstacles and initiate problem solving processes.
6) Interpersonal Skills - Provides positive feedback in a manner that reinforces or elicits desirable behavior.
7) Conflict Management - Anticipates and resolves conflicts, confrontations, and disagreements in a constructive manner.
8) Technical Competence - Appropriately applies procedures, requirements, regulations and policies related to specialized area of expertise.
1. Obtains specialized medical/social history through interview or review of clients’ case records; obtains information from team to determine service recipients’ capabilities and barriers.
2. Negotiates for service authorization and payment from payer sources.
3. Collects information about service recipients and their support system using interview, case history, and observation. Confers with Clinical Director and treatment team, individually and in team meetings, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate information for
planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
4. Counsels and aids service recipients requiring assistance of social services.
1. Educates service recipients regarding services and their rights when receiving the services.
2. Reviews service plans and performs follow-up to determine quantity, quality, and satisfaction of services provided.
3. Maintains all necessary certifications and meets licenser requirements.
4. Presents information on rehabilitation therapy programs and/or discipline specific therapy programs to internal and external professionals and interested groups; may participate in research projects.
1. Prepares service plans, progress summaries, meeting minutes, progress notes, and other documentation as needed. Presents information, written and verbal, to team members, service recipients, family
members, payors, and other stakeholders in a manner that is understandable, timely, and helpful.
2. Designs and implements constructive activities suited to individual’s physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest to upgrade individual to maximum independence, assist in restoration of functions, and aid in adjustment to disability.
1. Instructs, coordinates and supervises interns, students, and others as assigned.
1. Achieves the billable hours as specified in the target.
To be considered for this position, please complete our online application by clicking the "Apply Online" link below.
BA/BS in Rehabilitation, Education, Social Work or Psychology.
Fours years experience in human services.
Maine LSX or LSW license required.
Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
Criminal background check that meets Agency standards