The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall efficient supervision of maintenance employees and the repair of fleet, maintenance, cleaning, and of facility. This position will work as part of a team with internal and external agencies to ensure a positive customer experience
- Prioritize repair orders and operational demands to ensure safe, clean, reliable and efficient buses that meet their schedules and exceeds customer expectations
- Coordinate the repair, preventive maintenance, cleaning, inspection, bodywork, and all related functions of coaches and equipment
- Develop employees by scheduling, training, mentoring, encouraging, and rewarding the best performance
- Ensure proper safety policies and procedures are in place and followed. Eliminate all hazardous working conditions
- See that proper tools and equipment are made available to employees so they can do their job safely and efficiently
- Perform quality control checks on all equipment leaving the garage
- Lead employees to achieve goals and objectives and issue appropriate discipline
- Develop reports and performance indicators
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or GED with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Three or more years of supervisory experience in automotive, trucking, or bus maintenance.
- Must have mechanical background.
- Experience in interviewing, evaluating, and training preferred
- Skill in working as part of a dynamic team.
- Ability to solve problems and make real-time decisions.
- Able to lead employees to perform the highest quality work and exceed expectations.
- Union knowledge and experience preferred