The Knowledge & Process Management Specialist’s role is to act as the voice of the CSO Agents and clients by providing representation and insight to various business and development groups across H&R Block. In addition, the specialist liaises with the various business and development groups within the company to ensure the agents are provided with the most up-to-date product information and changes as well as the latest activities of Block business and marketing groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, write, and maintain all CSO knowledge base information and user support documentation efforts, including online help content.
- Perform continuous reviews and audits of knowledge content related to all H&R Block software products.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications through written documentation to agents, supervision and vendors so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Investigate and identify the root causes of recurring issues within Block products.
- Liaise with clients or developers to gather information on products and processes.
- Provide product development team with assessment of issues identified and supporting documentation.
- Design and recommend process flow to target the elimination of recurring issues and report status to stakeholders.
- Analyze and test products prior to distribution to the client and report findings to product development and business unit.
- Perform user acceptance testing and monitor client usage and issues and recommend modifications to products and services to optimize processes.
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and tools and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes/tools. Translate business and technical specifications into user documentation.
- Facilitate daily/weekly in-season meetings to discuss potential influences of call volume including but not limited to bug fixes, issue drivers, program updates, marketing distributions, etc. Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved business processes or support models.
- Monitor client contacts with service center and vendor agents and modify training, content or communication efforts to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Perform analysis to validate the accuracy of data being reported and provide trend/early-warning analysis.
- Act as the voice of the customer and represent the customer support group by actively participating in pre-season projects with the business unit and product development teams.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to resolve problems in a professional and calm manner in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to listen carefully to questions, determine logical solutions to software or hardware problems and convey solutions appropriately to others via verbal and written communications.
- Ability to communicate difficult PC related instructions to clients.
- Ability to interact with client and product development team to identify root cause and determine steps needed to provide resolutions.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and work ethic.
- Introductory knowledge of HTML based coding and tool associated.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- The ability to research, detect and clearly document issues related to H&R Block products.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.