The Hampton Inn of Utica is hiring and looking for an experienced housekeeper, to be a housekeeping lead, and room inspector.
This position reports to the Executive Housekeeper but would lead the department in their absence.
Ideal candidate will be available weekends and holidays and be able to ensure the hotel is covered during peak occupancy and high demand periods.
In addition to emailing resume, highly motivated candidates should apply in person.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other department heads.
- May assist with deep-cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high-volume periods.Guest Experience:
- Inspect all assigned suites and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
- Routinely perform all housekeeping duties necessary including making beds and also vacuuming and cleaning guest suites to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Carry out special needs and requests of the guests, VIPs and repeat visitors.
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling and cleaning agents).
- May maintain procedures for security of lost and found items.
Perform other duties as assigned.
May also serve as manager on duty for housekeeping department.
Job Type: Part-time