The Sourcing & Procurement Analyst is primarily responsible for enabling Sourcing and Procurement to deliver cost savings, P2P process optimization, and supply chain efficiencies to the company. The Analyst will also be responsible for sourcing and contracting execution as needed.
- Perform detailed analysis to support optimization of direct and indirect spend category supply chains, including: spend categorization, supply market analysis, supplier contract analysis, category opportunity analysis, supplier bid analysis, RFx price modeling and should-cost analysis, category supply chain process analysis, P2P process and transaction analysis, and departmental performance analysis.
- Proactively identify cost savings and process optimization opportunities
- Provide routine category, supplier, and contract performance reports to Sourcing & Procurement leadership and stakeholders
- Support the Category Management Team in analyzing complex deal structures with suppliers
- Support development of performance management models for key suppliers
- Support development and implementation of category intelligence and contract management databases, reports, and dashboards.
- Lead and execute sourcing projects, inclusive of the source-to-contract process as directed by the Sourcing & Procurement management team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of supply chain, sourcing and contract negotiations, vendor management, or equivalent experience
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to learn new concepts, methods, and systems quickly
- Demonstrated ability to answer complex questions using data
- Strong research skills
- Ability to develop insights, draw conclusions and make recommendations utilizing a variety of online and offline data sources
- Experience developing and managing large datasets
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and charts
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, and Visio, or equivalent tools
- Creative and critical thinking
- Ability to work on highly diverse, distributed teams
- Self-starter with the ability to identify analytical opportunities to drive change without constant direction from leadership
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience with Quickbase and PeopleSoft Financials
- Prior training or experience in LEAN principles, Six Sigma, SCOR, Continuous Improvement, or equivalent
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 14 years (2004-2017) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai'i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai'i's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai'i from more U.S. gateway cities (12) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides approximately 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, with a total of more than 250 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian's Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian's LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines' online newsroom.