The Manager, Payments & Distribution Strategy position will manage all aspects of payment strategy and cost of sale analysis at an enterprise-wide level, which includes (but is not limited to), creation of a company-wide payment strategy, strategic decision support, define and monitor payment metrics, monitor regulatory changes affecting payments, development of distribution efficiency analysis and travel agency scorecard, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Build internal partnerships and work across the organization (web, IT, sales finance and revenue accounting) to identify, implement and manage revenue and cost optimization opportunities
- Identify and scope initiatives that have the potential to significantly change and improve how HA does business
- Develop advanced financial models and conduct analysis using a broad range of quantitative tools and techniques (trend analyses on past financial and operational performance, root cause analyses, analysis of profitability drivers, scenario modeling for future options, unit-cost benchmarking, etc.) to set company strategy on Payments and cost of sale optimization
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to frame and solve key strategic and tactical business issues on payments
- Develop cost of sale optimization recommendations based on analysis findings, and create reports and presentations for senior leadership
- Be the key business contact and provide analytical support for the negotiation of commercial terms and contracts with key external vendors like AMEX, VISA, and MasterCard
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related area
- 5+ years of professional experience, with at least 3 years in finance/analytical role, with a strong emphasis in financial analysis and/or payments
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations based on data and analysis
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Self-directing; able to meet deadlines in an environment of constantly changing priorities and data
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact professionally with a diverse group – executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Excellent data gathering and analysis skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Expert level knowledge in Excel, including the ability to develop complex multivariable models that may require programming in visual basic for applications
- Experience with databases, including the ability to develop complex models derived from large amounts of data
- Airline or related experience
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.