Hero Practice ServicesBaltimore, MD 212232016-12-29
Hero Practice Services: A Different Kind of Practice Management Group
Hero is the only practice management group focused on delivering the systems, processes, and people needed to efficiently deliver quality dental, vision and orthodontic care to children in underserved communities. With 26 offices across seven states, we have helped over a million children ages six months through 20 years gain access to the care they need since 2006. Working at Hero is both a career and a calling…join us, BE A HERO!
Serving the needs of the Medicaid population requires a well-oiled machine. Our fast-paced, high volume offices require smart scheduling, effective patient communications, tested processes and a dedicated, well-trained staff. The Hero Practice Services team knows what it takes to provide quality dental, vision and orthodontic care under one roof. We are looking to create long-term relationships with the children and families we serve, and, to achieve that goal, we are dedicated to providing our staff with the support, compensation and lifestyle they need for career happiness.
Navigating the healthcare system can be a challenge for the families we serve. At Hero, we make it easy and enjoyable for parents to get regular vision, dental and orthodontic care for their children. Our kid-friendly offices take the fear out of dental visits, and all our staff is trained to put both children and parents at ease. From scheduling to payments, eye wear selection to orthodontics, we make it fun, easy and affordable for children to thrive.
MISSION OF THE ROLE
The Associate Dentist’s mission is to provide preventive and restorative dental care for all patients, diagnosing and treating dental symptoms as well instructing staff on how to assist in patient treatment.
OUTCOMES OF THE ROLE
Achieving the above mission will require the Associate Dentist to do the following:
1. Patient Experience: Competently examine patients, diagnose diseases and effectively treat and perform all necessary procedures.
o Educate: Set up a friendly relationship with the patients to educate them about the complications of treatment and duration of healing process by (1) preparing a Dentist case file including medical history (2) informing patients on general care and health of teeth at regular time intervals and (3) staying informed on latest dental treatment techniques.
o Evaluate: Respond promptly to patient’s needs by (1) managing difficult or emotional customer situations (2) developing innovative approaches and ideas and (3) soliciting customer feedback to improve service.
2. Collaboration: Provide camaraderie and inspiration to peers and subordinates by (1) displaying passion and optimism (2) remaining open to others’ ideas (3) being able to work in a fast-paced environment with different personalities and (4) including staff in planning, decision making and process improvement.
3. Leadership: Demonstrates solid leadership skills as is generally expected of providers in healthcare environments, including but not limited to: following policies and procedures, coaching and mentoring other teammates, having a positive attitude, showing empathy and care to patients, and helping the broader team develop solutions and continually improve the practice.
4. Compliance: Follows all Company policies and procedures. Proactively report concerns and suspicions of other teammates’ non-compliant behaviors.
5. Hero Collaboration: Work collaboratively with the Hero Practice Support Center team to (1) implement new programs and initiatives (2) provide feedback and ideas on improvement areas.
REQUIRED VALUES & BEHAVIORS
1. Patient-centered: Passionate about delivering high-quality care and service and responding promptly to patient needs.
2. Team-oriented: Puts team above self, doing whatever it takes to make the patient and the broader Company win.
3. Collaborative: Works well with Practice Manager and Lead Dentist in pursuit of the practice’s goals.
4. Honest: Demonstrates high integrity in all activities; does not cut corners to achieve goals.
Clinical Skills: Command of dental concepts and skillset, including thorough knowledge and experience in pediatric dentistry. Must be comfortable having other dentists directly observe them in treatment for education and training purposes.
Coach & Mentor: Experience improving others’ skills, talents, and aspirations.
Computer Skills: Able to easily navigate typical applications, including those used for our electronic medical records and HR information.
Must be a graduate of an accredited U.S. School.
Current dentist license in the state where the practice is located.
Must have a Medicaid Provider number and NPI number.
Responsible for keeping license active, current and in good standing.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Full-time, exempt position. Competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k). The Company also offers a bonus program that rewards Dentists for achieving desired performance goals.
This position requires full range of body motion. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally 50.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Hero recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.