Looking for friendly enthusiast cashiers!
- Who can provide customers with a friendly checkout experience using customer service standards (i.e., friendly greeting, smiles, makes eye contact, and engages with customers)
- When not helping a customer at checkout, proactively approaches customers to expedite traffic flow and prevent lines of two or more from forming. Multi-tasks to monitor lines, register equipment, customers and checkout lanes to ensure efficient and friendly checkout.
- Utilizes tools such as Mobile Point of Sale and Backup Cashiers to prevent lines from forming.
- Gives customers your full attention throughout the transaction and thanks every customer, every time and including "We appreciate your business."
- Assesses the customer's need for loading assistance, taking into consideration the merchandise purchased as well as other environmental factors.
- Assists customers by providing information and resolving any issues and immediately involves the Manager on Duty (MOD) if customer remains unsatisfied. Receives payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, automatic debits, Paypal, store credit or gift cards. Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers. Identifies prices of goods or services and tabulate totals using calculators, cash registers, or price scanners.
- Monitors checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available. Follows the SOPs for checkout process regarding cash handling procedures to ensure fast and accurate checkout.
- Processes merchandise returns and exchanges. Verifies register and completes the appropriate paperwork at closing.
- Proactively seeks knowledge on products and services.
- Maintains current knowledge of all policies and procedures affecting the Front End of the store. Works with front end and department supervisor to develop long and short term SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely).
- Ensures registers are not left unattended without logging off the register, turning off the register light and securing the register lane.
- Watches for items that need to be deactivated (e.g., high priced items).
- Monitors all entrances and exits, request proof of payment when necessary and notifies management when there is a problem.
- Communicates with vault personnel when using the tube system. Pays close attention to alerts and messages at register and audio messages at lanes. Reports any incident, accident or unsafe conditions to the Manager on Duty in a timely manner. Utilizes department specific safety standards to help ensure a safe environment.
- Reviews displays and overheads for safe display/storage of merchandise and verifies that merchandise safety restraints are in place.
- Completes specified safety training courses. Uses proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and safe lifting and handling techniques. Works safely and reports Associates who are acting in an unsafe manner.
- Offers assistance to customers who are shopping in an unsafe manner (e.g. ask the customers not to climb ladders for merchandise - allow Associates to retrieve the merchandise for them).
- Uses only approved safety knives.
- Maintains a clean and orderly checkout area and keeps work area free from clutter to avoid injury to Associates and Customers.
- Process Transactions Build Knowledge and Skills Security Safety Serve Customers Job Title Cashier Cashiers play a critical customer service role by providing customers with fast, friendly, accurate and safe service in processing their transactions. With the use of an electronic scanner, Cashiers are involved in processing cash, credit or debit transactions.
- Associates in this position must be able to multitask by monitoring lines, register equipment as well as entrances and exits.
- Each associate has the responsibility of providing a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies and standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards and unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager on Duty, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers.
- Cashier Understands and follows Hazardous Materials guidelines as described in SOP. Understands security pages and procedures such as "Code Adam."
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Identifying and reading reports, tickets and UPC labels.
- Recognizing, identifying and using merchandise and necessary reports.
- Standing for long periods of time and moving around the store to assist customers.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving merchandise
- Responding to public address system announcements, including customer service calls, pages, radios and general information.
- Moving around the store and be able to assist customers
- Frequently requires the ability to lift and move heavy and bulky items without assistance
- Associates may be exposed to external weather conditions, drafts and interior temperature changes, and slippery floors.
- Associates may handle merchandise, supplies, and tools with sharp edges or that contain hazardous materials.
- Associates may encounter an uneven walking surface due to temporary cracks in the floor.
- Associates may have exposure to dust, gas fumes emitted by power equipment, and noise.
- Minimum Requirements Must be 18 years or older
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States Working Conditions
Please review the job description to ensure you meet all the required qualifications of this job. Please do not apply if you do not. If interested please fill out an on line application at careers.homedept..com
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Marlborough, MA (Required)
Overtime often available:
Employees working per shift: