West Roxbury Store located on 1213 VFW parkway is looking for Part Time Customer Service Associates
- Offer a friendly greeting to customers
- Answer and respond to customer phone calls and inquires quickly, accurately and professionally
- Resolve customer complaints or involve the appropriate manager to ensure customer satisfaction
- As necessary assist in picking/staging, releasing customer orders, answering customer questions (in person or via the telephone) for Special Orders, Installs, Deliveries, Will calls (Regular Merchandise, Special Order, Buy Online Pick Up In Store, Buy Online Ship to Store and Store to Store Pickup (Store to Store)) and Measure orders
- Verify customers are receiving everything they ordered, and all orders are being released properly
- Ensure all orders are properly located/staged with pick stickers attached
- Partner with MOD/Sales Departments to assist with Order Fulfillment as needed
- Inform customers of what to expect throughout their order life‐cycle and keep customers aware of any changes or concerns that may arise on their order; partner with COS when necessary to resolve requests and issues quickly
- Familiar with current ads and promotions, including credit and special order/install offers and inform customers of these promotions as appropriate. Ensure customer understand THD warranty, customer order policies and "Terms and Conditions" as applicable.
- Follow‐up on Special Services Priority Bin ensuring customer issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Follow‐up on Special Services and Store to Store Will Calls ensuring customer product pick up in a timely manner or returned to stock upon cancellation
- Take orders and make any order corrections in the computer, in person or over the phone
- Retrieve and complete customer orders (Regular Merchandise, Special Order, and Store to Store) at customer request
- Assist and answer associate questions (in person or via the telephone)
- Provide supplemental support to secondary departments as necessary
- Review front‐end Special Order, holding areas, merchandise displays and overheads for proper restraints creating a safe display/storage of merchandise
- Maintain an uncluttered Customer Order storage area, ensuring that items are properly labeled/located and staged for customer pickup
- Cooperate with Associates, Supervisors, and Managers, and complete work activities as assigned
- Follow all Safety Policies & Standards
- Immediately correct unsafe conditions or notify Manager on Duty
- Ensure that aisles and walking surfaces are safe
- Offer assistance to customers who are shopping in an unsafe manner
- Adhere to major and minor work rule policies regarding safety detailed in the Standards of Performance and other related Safety policies.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving merchandise
- Responding to public address system announcements, including customer services calls, pages, and general information
- Moving around the store and be able to assist customers
- Identifying and reading reports, tickets and UPC labels Customer Service
- Associates are responsible for ensuring that customer phone calls and transactions are handled quickly and accurately.
- Customer Service Associates will interact with Customers and Associates over the phone and/or in store, to ensure that excellent customer service is achieved.
- They will work at the Service desk answering customer calls to the store, responding to general questions, finding customers the proper associates to assist as needed, setting expectations, facilitating all customer order types and resolving any issues that arise.
- Each associate has the responsibility of providing a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies and standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards and unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager on Duty, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co‐workers, vendors, or customers.
- Associates may encounter an uneven walking surface due to temporary cracks in the floor
- Associates may have exposure to dust, gas fumes emitted by power equipment, and noise
- Associates may be exposed to external weather conditions, drafts and interior temperature changes, and slippery floors
- Associates may handle merchandise, supplies, and tools with sharp edges or that contain hazardous materials
- Must be 18 years or older Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings
Sound like a company that you would want to work for?
Please do not apply unless you meet all the job qualifications.
Then apply at careers.homedepot.com...I think you are going to like us!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.50 /hour
- Customer Service Skills: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- West Roxbury, MA (Required)
Communication method(s) used:
Overtime often available: