Homestead Princeton is looking for a full time interior designer/consultant. Designers will have the opportunity to build meaningful and long-term relationships with our Homestead Princeton customers. Our designers guide and advise clients looking to furnish an entire room (area rugs, upholstery, lighting, accessories, lamps, wall décor) or simply add an accent piece. A passion for design with a desire to meet and exceed sales goals is essential. If you enjoy retail sales, working with customers, home interiors and design we would love to meet with you! We are a family business that provides our associates the opportunity to work individually with clients and customers in a dynamic, friendly and supportive team environment. Homestead Princeton has consistently been voted “Best Home Furnishings Store” by New Jersey Monthly Magazine. We want to build our dynamic team.
Interior designers/consultants responsibilities:
- Assisting customers in store and in home on furniture and fabric selections
- Build clientele base in store
- Demonstrate design acumen and room planning.
- Must be professional, organized, motivated, and VERY detail-oriented
- Outgoing personality/great interpersonal communication skills
- Preparing quotes for custom product orders and effectively selling appropriate services to customer regarding measurements and installations.
- Ensuring the customer clearly understands the custom labor process and obtains all necessary signatures and payments prior to proceeding with the project.
- Properly executes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Following up with customers who have outstanding quotes to answer questions and complete the sale. Maintains communication with customers regarding any backordered items or other delays that may affect the anticipated delivery of product.
- Closing sales effectively and communicating all necessary information to the customer regarding her purchase in a professional manner
- Resolves issues to customer’s satisfaction.
- Must assist and help gift associates with day to day responsibilities of a retail store.
- Degree from an accredited program in: Interior Design, and or a BFA in the Arts
- Minimum 3 yrs. furniture sales experience or retail interior design experience
- Pictures or portfolio preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Superior customer service
- Must work weekends
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for people.
- Represent our Homestead Culture- teamplayer, friendly, respectful, fun, family oriented, positive attitude, innovative, proactive
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to customers/clients home
We are seeking a passionate, energetic, creative, sales-driven team member to join our Homestead family. This position is full time (5 days a week).
What we offer:
- Generous base compensation + performance based bonus
- Health Benefits
- Small group of friendly, dedicated, supportive and professional co-workers
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Interior Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Weekends required
- 8 hour shift