At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about a few things: music, pop culture and creating the most amazing in-store experience for our customers and employees.
We’re on the search for a Store Manager that will be at the forefront of bringing the fandom to life. You’ll lead the store in achieving store objectives with regards to hitting sales targets, recruiting, development, and performance management. You’ll be a retail maverick that can handle anything that comes your way. You’ll be a believer in developing talent, leading through organization, and providing the best customer service in the mall. In short, you’re a superhero.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ensure that your store achieves the sales plan and/or comp sales goals. It’s not all about the Benjamins, but then it kind of is.
Recruit, develop and retain a super collaborative, passionate team to run your store alongside you
Lead an operationally sound business; you’ll bring the right balance of organizational structure, delegation & autonomy, and customer first selling practices
- Keep watch (like the Night’s Watch) on shrink/loss prevention, payroll hours and schedules
- Provides a shopping experience that will encourage customers to return
- Provides music knowledge and information to employees and customers
Collaboratively communicate with retail leadership and HQ partners on trends & customer feedback
Run sales reports and use data to help guide your strategy to hit sales targets
Deliver the goods. You’ll merchandise the store in a compelling way, leveraging planograms as a guide, while launching all promos on time
Ensure that you’re continually building a bench of equally talented, passionate staff
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least a year of retail store management experience; you’ve lead teams to success and want to experience more of it. You’ll have skills to pay the bills: communication, recruiting, operations (payroll, reporting, scheduling, merchandising) and be a developer of your peeps
Passion for music, fashion and pop culture
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent. If you have a degree, even better
Roll with the punches. Retail is a fast changing industry and you like catching curveballs thrown your way
- Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding teen culture/music trends