We love loud music, pop culture and driving enhancements across the company. We're looking for a Technical Manager of Networks Systems to Manage and lead the technical resources necessary to develop, deploy and support the wide range of retail systems for the Company. Ensure maximum optimization of applications and ROI. Identify problems, troubleshoot and mobilize resources to address system irregularities and minimize downtime. Partner with Applications Support and Business Systems Managers/Analysts to ensure that systems and processes are meeting SLAs and intended outcomes. Partner with Production Support in implementing, maintaining, supporting, and upgrading system and applications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Source and manage internal/external resources in a financial prudent manner, to meet business needs.
Design, develop and support Hot Topic multi-language retail systems, especially Oracle retail products.
Define requirement analysis, technical analysis, technical design and development of code, using industry standard methodology.
Create systems requirements documentation using specifications and input from business analysts, conduct unit testing, provide QA support and Level 2 support, as needed.
Create and drive the implementation plan, as per the project level quality plan, and manage go-live activities.
Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems to solve information processing problems.
Hire, train, develop, and manage performance of technical staff and/or cross-functional team members.
Work closely with project manager(s) during all phases of development lifecycle.
Review all work produced by development team; manage team to correct issues, troubleshoot, and proactively monitor systems for maximum uptime.
Lead resource planning meetings; delegate technical responsibilities, monitor progress of projects and drive for completion.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline, extensive software development experience, with minimum 7 years total professional and managerial experience
- Working experience in a retail company
- Oracle Retail Systems (RMS, MFP, IPCOE, AIP, RPM, and RA) experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Process oriented and systematic approach
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, standards, and PC operating systems.