Working closely with our IT and Operations teams you will keep our service running smoothly and act as our first line of defense to help troubleshoot and resolve hands-on issues in the datacenter.
This position is primarily focused on working through our backlog of hardware upgrades at our datacenter which includes upgrading CPUs, installing RAM, replacing and testing hard drives and relocating rack mounted hardware. You will be responsible for contributing to policies and procedures to keep our inventory and hardware lifecycle organized and running smoothly. When not in the datacenter you will assist the Operations and/or IT teams with related work that needs to be done. This position requires an independent work ethic as you will mostly working off-site from the rest of the team.
This position is primarily located in our datacenter in Oakland. It will require an occasional trip to one of our other offices located in San Jose and/or Redwood City.
- Install new rack mount equipment and servers, decommission others.
- Maintain accurate records of all assets physical locations in the asset database.
- Inventory and supplies management
- Hardware lifecycle management
- Develop and maintain best practices documentation for working in the datacenter
- Cable management for power data and fiber including documentation.
- Resolve service requests and incidents assigned to the colo support queue
- Replace or install hard drives, memory, cpus other parts.
- Maintain cleanliness, organization and physical appearance
- Wiping and testing hard drives
- RMA and Warranty process and management including shipping and receiving of parts
- Power through autonomy: You will be a self-driven individual who is keen on finding problems and fixing them
- 2+ years working as a datacenter technician or similar experience
- Independent work ethic
- Experience working with x86 hardware, including rack mount servers
- Experience working with network hardware and protocols
- Experience with Linux and command line utilities
- Physical server maintenance experience (racking, installing components)
- Understanding of maintenance best practices (how to properly seat RAM and CPUs)
- Solid knowledge of linux computer fundamentals (able to interact with a shell)
- Willingness to learn basic home-grown command-line tools
- Able to consistently understand and follow documentation
- Server and Network troubleshooting skills
- Positive demeanor and willingness to help others
- Ability to provide own transportation to our various locations as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, and know when to ask for help.
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Our Engineers are given significant autonomy over their work:
we hire smart people and trust them to use their creativity and talents to do right by their peers and our customers. We are longstanding evangelists of Continuous Deployment, strong supporters of open source software and we spawned the Lean Startup movement. We value humility, open collaboration and foster an environment that supports learning from and mentoring others. We want you to grow your talent and career. We’ll provide plenty of interesting challenges and strong support to ensure your success. At IMVU, we solve challenging problems and create amazing products together every day! Check out some of what we’re doing on our Engineering blog: http://im.vu/engineering
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.