The Inn at Perry Cabin is a beautiful 78 room luxury hotel, located on the Miles River in St. Michael’s, Maryland that features world-class amenities for play, relaxation and exploration. Tucked along a private corner of the Chesapeake Bay, on more than 20 acres of manicured lawns along the Miles River, the Inn at Perry Cabin’s nautical charm and casual elegance inspire a genuine sense of escape. It is just moments by foot, bicycle, car and boat from the historic town of Saint Michaels, putting some of the region’s best shopping, antiquing, tasting and hunting right at your fingertips.
For more information about the Inn at Perry Cabin please visit us at: www.innatperrycabin.com
We are seeking a full time Banquet Captain to directly supervise and monitor banquet staff to ensure all on- and off-premises banquet functions are carried out properly. The Banquet Captain will report directly to the Banquet Manager and will be involved in the monitoring and supervision of social events, weddings, corporate meetings, in house team events and meetings and other groups and events held in the hotel or offsite.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directly supervise and monitor banquet staff for on- and off-premises banquet functions.
- Ensure all staff are present; assign tasks as necessary.
- Ensure functions start on time.
- Create function room diagrams/charts.
- Coordinate functions with other departments involved.
- Coordinate arrangements with outside business contacts (i.e. florists, media and exhibit equipment suppliers, etc.).
- Make cash deposits at end of functions.
- Ensure sufficient quantities of supplies are maintained.
- Maintain complete knowledge of daily house count, arrivals/departures, VIP’s, and scheduled in-house group activities.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for each scheduled
- Prepare station assignments according to group requirements and hotel regulations. Inspect the scheduled function areas/rooms for cleanliness and proper set-up (seating,
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 2 years of full service banquet experience as a banquet server. Experience in hotel banquets is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Polished appearance
- Friendly, high level of guest service skills and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of different room sets for meetings and social events and knowledge of different food service styles.
- Basic ability in setting up and trouble shooting audio visual
- Excellent organizational skills
- Cash handling knowledge, knowledge of local liquor laws
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including AM/PM, weekends and holidays.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without accommodation, including regular lifting, stretching, bending, reaching, standing, walking and working outside.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are preferred:
- Tips certified
As a full time team member, the banquet Captain would be eligible for the following benefits
- Hourly wage plus service charge
- Low cost health benefits the first of the month following 60 days
- Free term life insurance and free short term disability benefits
- Free on site parking
- Free uniforms and uniform care, discount shoe program
- Free shift meals
- Access to team member discounts for travel through Preferred Hotels and Resorts as well as local on site discounts for Spa, Golf, restaurant, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce