Food Service Clerk
J & H Family Stores
Apply This Job
BROAD FUNCTIONS: To prepare food, obtain payment and provide exceptional customer service
1. Greets customers and prepares their orders, uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and computes the amount of the bill, collects payment from the customer and make change
2. Prepares food neatly, accurately and in a timely manner
3. Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains to customers accurately and in a cheerful and helpful manner
4. Checks products in prep area and restocks items to ensure sufficient supply throughout the shift
5. Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas or portion controls.
6. Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitization standards while preparing food, serving food and clean up.
7. General housekeeping and cleaning
8. Maintains professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the employee handbook
9. Performs light paperwork duties as assigned
10. Assists with weekly inventory and receiving product in the location
11. Checks, monitors and records product dates and temperatures.
12. Assist the QSR Manager in training and developing QSR team members.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS - Internal:
1. Will have contact with other QSR clerks and QSR Managers on a daily basis
CONTACT WITH OTHERS - External
Education: Some high school or equivilant with the ability to read and perform math. Ability to read, speak and understand English
Must comply with company Attendance policies.
Must complete and pass all required QSR tests.
Must be able to perform opening and/or closing duties
Must be compliant in franchisee inspections/evaluations
Experience: Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction
o Ability to interact with customers on a friendly basis and work in a fast-paced environment
Availability: Must be able to work a varied schedule and on weekends and holidays