J & H Family Stores
Position Summary: To obtain payments for goods while providing a high level of customer service.
1. Provides customer service
2. Itemizes and totals purchases
3. Collects payments and/or verifies credit acceptance.
4. Balances Cash Drawer
5. Receives Merchandise
6. Stocks shelves and cooler
7. Controls Inventory and cash through proper transaction record keeping
8. Performs light paperwork duties as assigned
9. Maintains professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the employee handbook.
10. Maintains Safe and Clean working environment
Education: Some high school or equivalent with the ability to read and perform math.
Experience: Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
Ability to interact with customers on a friendly basis and work in a fast paced environment
Must be able to work any area of the store when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register.
Position requires bending, standing, walking and repetitive use of hands and arms the entire workday.
Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Position requires the ability to handle exposure to extreme temperatures and cleaning chemicals.