Our team has an immediate need for an experienced Project Administrative Assistant whom will be responsible for a variety of administrative/clerical support tasks in specific project, business, or technical unit.
Provide technical and administrative support for project management and general administration for office. Duties include direct support for project managers, project directors and assistant project managers as follows:
Project Management Support:
- Maintain project specific project procedures manuals, project filing systems and document control system.
- Assemble project deliverables and prepare transmittals of data.
- Prepare spreadsheet reports from raw data provided by managers.
- Type drafts and finals of correspondence, reports, specifications and transmittals from typed and handwritten copy.
- Prepare monthly letters/transmittals for client invoices.
- Log and process shop drawing submittals for projects and maintain the shop drawing log.
- Input of data, review and documentation of financial status of projects.
- Point of contact and coordination between project manager and other team members.
- Type into final form correspondence, reports and transmittals from typed or handwritten copy.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Maintain administrative files.
- Copy documents and materials.
- Open, stamp and deliver mail.
- Answer telephones and accurately record questions or provide assistance to callers
- Monitor fax machine and delivery faxes
- Assist other administrative assistants as needed.
- High school graduate, or equivalent; specialized training or education may be substituted for part of the experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years related administrative experience required.
- US citizenship required
- Experience in an architectural/engineering firm environment or similar field preferred.
- Self-motivated, competent in office administrative procedures.
- Proficiency in grammar, articulate speech and accuracy in typing and computer skills required.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills for working multiple task assignments received from multiple sources; good human relations skills, and professional appearance.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime.
- Windows environment experience; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Access, Specs In Tact, and Master Specs a plus.
- Must be willing to learn project management software as required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.