The VP, Projects directs, manages and executes senior level project management services on assigned projects utilizing and managing a team of professionals to provide superior client service. Projects are larger, more complex and vary in scope. This is a Player/Coach role.
- Assumes a lead role in the development and execution of strategy for a team.
- Contributes to the development of the business unit’s overall strategy.
- Represents Business unit in local, regional, and national industry/public forums and with clients as a senior representative of the Firm.
- Demonstrates high energy for the business, ability to energize others, and the willingness to take risks and make tough decisions.
- Oversee project implementation and execution through completion of construction.
- Financial management of entire project: establish & manage project budgets (including hard and soft costs), maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis, prepare anticipated cost reports and any other reports as required by the client.
- Provide construction cost/benefit analysis as required.
- Projects may also be ground-up. Responsibilities may include, but is not limited to: pre-construction duties (e.g. programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, consultant selection, design team selection, schedule creation, contractor selection, and vendor selection), ground-breaking, and all management of all of the aforementioned.
- May oversee several projects within an assigned area.
- Design and execute marketing and development initiatives to best deliver results to existing and potential clients.
- Oversee capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources.
- Negotiate contracts with each selected team member/vendor.
- Extensive interface with architects, client staff, property managers and vendors.
- Maintain client relationships and manage conflict resolution.
- Provide appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Performance management of all contracted vendors, consultants, etc.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Manager.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects.
- Assist Local PDS Team in meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee.
- Manage vendor and project team performance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, all regulating entities and client expectations.
- Conveys acceptable practices and policies to team.
- Makes independent judgments related to operating procedures impacting assigned projects.
- Demonstrates highly visible commitment to creating a “one-firm firm” by utilizing cross-discipline teams to meet client needs.
- Contributes where needed and/or requested by JLL Management Committee, Region Manager or Market Lead in the refinement of best practices of standards of excellence for the business unit and JLL overall.
- Trains and develops JLL project team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Insures that Manager and/or Regional Manager is fully and accurately informed of all project, internal and client issues affecting the perception of the local, national and global reputation of the firm.
- Responsible for meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee.
- Assumes responsibility for developing and implementing a marketing strategy (including pricing) for a team.
- Assists in developing marketing strategy for the business unit.
- Leads team in identifying and sourcing opportunities to meet future business development targets.
- Assists in sourcing new business for other business units within the firm.
- Able to market all available products and service offerings.
- Contributes to the development of new product and service delivery ideas for the business unit and the firm.
- Responsible for leading the sourcing, pitching, and securing of new business and projects within local markets.
- Lead relationship manager for a single strategic alliance client, or serves as a key resource to multiple client teams.
- Assists client in developing real estate strategy linked to client business objectives.
- May be responsible for attracting, retaining, developing and managing a team of people (e.g. 4 or more) who are involved with a specific set of clients, functions, business unit or projects.
- May recommend and/or takes actions regarding team talent (with involvement of Human Resources) to SVP/Managing Director or Regional Manager.
- Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, the project team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution. Preference towards a Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- 5-10 years as a Senior Project Manager or similar role.
- Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to client and team to achieve project goals
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients as well as external team members (architects, contractors, client’s representatives, etc.).
- Ability to manage all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, submittals, change orders.
- Fully competent at managing all types/sizes of projects.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications and MS Project.
- Ability to manage several medium and large ground-up development projects, major re-development projects and corporate interiors projects.
- Previous experience effectively supervising, training, mentoring and evaluating several project managers at various levels within the organization or team.
- Ability to develop and cultivate business relationships with existing and prospective clients
- A strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, scheduling and process as they relate to corporate real estate
- Ability to lead individuals across a national platform to deliver superior results in client service.
- Experience working with landlords, developers and institutional owners.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf .