The Medical Assistant works with the physician and other members of the primary or specialty care team by performing a variety of clinical and administrative patient-related duties. The medical assistant also works to fulfill a variety of patient needs and ensures smooth patient flow within the department. The medical assistant reports directly to the practice manager or RN supervisor.
- Completion of Medical Assistant Program - Accredited Required
- 1 year Ambulatory Preferred
- 1 year Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Preferred
- BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association - Certification Required and
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Preferred or
- CMA - Certified Medical Assistant Preferred and
- Specialty areas may have additional requirements
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT) Preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Completion and documentation of California requirements with demonstrated competency for venipuncture/phlebotomy - Preferred (required for specific departments)
08.0 - 08:00 - 17:00 (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours