Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear and accessories market for 13 to 22-year-old guys and girls.
Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the Journeys store is more than a retail environment -- it’s an extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style reflect the customers’ lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in every way, an attitude you can wear!
For more information check out: https://www.journeys.com/careers
Why Work for Journeys?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your paycheck… Work Hard- Make Good Money, Work Harder- Make GREAT Money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Great Store Environment
- Excellent Benefits
- We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your individuality.
To assist Store Manager and Manager In Training with recruiting, hiring, training and managing store personnel to achieve store and personal sales plan, control expenses, and to protect company assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of performance.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of high caliber employees with in store needs.
- Assist in training and developing a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to Store Manager and Manager In Training
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
- Bank Deposits
- Open/Closing the store
- Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
- 6-12 months retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Co-Manager position.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Check out the following website for more information on all our awesome benefits:
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Child Care benefits
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Repetitive lifting
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A good first job for someone who is just entering or re-entering the workforce with limited experience or education