CIB - Fund Services Operations - Executive Director - Boston
JPMorgan ChaseBoston, MA 021082017-07-15
J .P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, performs fund services for institutional clients and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Operations Executive Director ( ED) will lead an Operational Service team responsible for high quality service delivery across all mutual fund product offerings provided by Global Fund Services. The ED is responsible and accountable for the end to end delivery of services to clients across GFS Boston and its distributed operating model. The successful candidate will partner with the technology, operations and product teams to own the overall delivery of services provided to our clients. The successful candidate will lead a team with multiple clients across the product offering. The ED will drive client issue resolution, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to execute consistently on client deliverables, communicate client status updates and provide KPIs with a focus on appropriate escalation and risk prioritization of all client The incumbent will also be accountable for building and leveraging a network of partners Corporate Investment Bank operational and service delivery organizations to promote client focus and drive overall service quality.
To be successful, the candidate must have a strong sense of ownership and understanding of 40 act deliverables, a proven track record leading operational teams and a working knowledge of accounting deliverables for Fund Accounting, Tax, Compliance and Financial Reporting services.
- Lead a team of professionals that serves as the primary contacts for Client Queries and Issues
- Functions as the head of Global Distributed Operating Model Management
- Work with Technology, Operations and Stakeholders to determine process improvements and strategic direction, including development of and monitoring of ROI.
- Run the Daily BAU Query Management and Resolution process
- Responsible for Issue Management, Escalation and Remediation
- Coordinate Client Requested Changes to Operating Model and Reporting
- Responsible for Client Behavior changes associated with all JP Morgan’s services and initiatives/programs
- Lead and coordinate client service reviews, meetings/client workshops and represent JP Morgan at industry events.
- Coordinate Client Fund Launches and Migrations for all JP Morgan FSO services
- Successful delivery of all Client Adhoc Reporting
10-15 years of experience in Operations
Strong technical skills including accounting principles and theories
Knowledge of 40 ACTs Accounting-Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Tax Operations
Ability to be effective in a global operating environment and a matrix management organizations
Exceptional leadership and staff development skills with prior team management experience
Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients
Strong client service skills
Analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision-making skills
Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; executive presentation skills
Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast paced environment
Working knowledge of one or more CIB/FSO product, service or operations areas preferred
Relationship building skills - develop internal and external partnerships to drive results
Expert use of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and ability to present to senior management.