Under direct supervision, performs variety of clerical and patient attending duties. Ensures optimum service and attention to patient/customers.
- Service patients, members, and visitors; acknowledges them in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains general knowledge of current health plan/non plan policies and coverage in accordance w/established regional standards & communications; keeps abreast of all changes regarding health plan benefits;
- Verifies health plan and/or non-plan financial status; checks for delinquent accounts; informs patient & refers to appropriate area; explains provisions of annual co-payment maximum, coinsurance and/or deductibles policies to patients/ customers.
- Operates current office equipment & other cash related equipment; assures all equipment in cashiering area are operating in an acceptable manner; assesses status of equipment malfunctions; resolves when appropriate; reports any unresolved problems appropriately and notifies lead or supervisor.
- Serves as clerical resource and contact person to staff as appropriate; collaborates with team to ascertain and coordinate team and individual concerns and issues; collaborates and assists with team, leadership and other committees as appropriate to design, plan, coordinate, and implement process improvements.
- Identifies and resolves issues around improvement as appropriate; recommends ideas and suggestions to improve operation of area.
- Receives incoming and intra-office calls; ascertains need; directs to proper individual or location; takes messages; provides limited non-confidential information.
- Maintains contact with other facilities and support departments. resolves basic problems; assists with difficult problems when necessary; refers to lead/supervisor after all appropriate alternatives are exhausted; notifies supervisor of process problems/issues that need attention.
- Assists with patient complaints; collaborates with lead/supervisor to develop operational strategies.
- Performs variety of duties pertaining to patient appointments; ascertains patient-s need for routine appointments and schedules appointments according to need or under direction of medical staff; refers to medical staff as appropriate.
- Completes appointment process; enters/updates pertinent patient appointment and registration data in computer; verifies patients- insurance eligibility; captures appropriate guarantor and coverage information as appropriate; provides accurate information to enable accurate collections of funds; notifies members of rescheduled or cancelled appointments.
- Compiles data and information for special and routine reports, studies and statistics as requested.
- Assures departmental and organizational quality of service standards are upheld; works with lead/supervisor in identifying potential and existing barriers to maintaining standards.
- Requests or requisitions material or supplies; ensures adequate inventory; assures all clerical equipment in area is operating in acceptable manner; reports malfunctions to appropriate party; follows appropriate procedure for repair within limits of authority; implements corrective measures, enhancements or modifications as instructed.
- One (1) year customer service/sales, public relations or related experience.
- High school diploma; or equivalent combination of education (lesser)&experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Type 40 wpm or Type 35 wpm and obtain passing score on Windows navigation test.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, customer service, interpersonal relations, detailoriented, problem solving, adaptability, teamwork, conflict resolution, systems thinking, prioritization & multi-tasking.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Post high school coursework - medical terminology.
- Appointment registration and scheduling experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in any one of word processing, spreadsheet, or database PC applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare and insurance benefits.
PrimaryLocation : Hawaii,Honolulu,Hospital/Medical Offices 3288 Moanalua Rd.
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Variable
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : Varies
WorkingHoursEnd : Varies
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : HERE-Local 5
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Department : Appointment/Reception
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.