This position provides high level member assistance by scheduling various appointments requested, transferring calls appropriately, composing messages and providing general information.Essential Functions:
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Operates in a high volume, high structured Appointment Center environment by constantly responding to incoming calls.
- Works in a personal computer environment with multiple departments.
- Uses guidelines and protocols for multiple departments to best meet member needs.
- Determines the type of appointment requested or needed, reviews scheduling mix of various physicians/providers, and then makes appointment utilizing appropriate guidelines.
- Prioritizes member needs and offers alternatives to members when appropriate.
- Utilizes superior customer service skills to provide service to members when diffusing difficult member encounters.
- Uses tact and diplomacy in handling difficult interactions with members.
- Determines if calls are urgent or emergent by listening to the member, following established guidelines and then transferring the call to the appropriate department for immediate resolution.
- Composes messages for physicians/providers, registered nurses and other medical staff based on member requests.
- Responds in a courteous and professional manner to general questions, using on-line databases to provide information to any member or other personnel calling the center.
- Identifies ways to improve quality of service to members and recommends steps used to accomplish these changes.
- Must perform all of the above duties while meeting established standards of performance for quality and productivity.
- Performs clerical duties which may include assigning new members a primary care physician, calling patients and booking appointments for specialty appointments, calling members to cancel and reschedule appointments.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Two or more of the following: One (1) year of customer service experience. One (1) year of personal computer experience.
- Successful completion of the Call Center Simulation Test
- As part of applicant process, must take Proofreading Assessment for non KP employees only.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
PrimaryLocation : California,El Cajon,El Cajon Call Center 1620 E. Main St.
HoursPerWeek : 0
Shift : Variable
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 7:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 7:00 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : OPEIU - Local 30
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Department : VMC Appointment Services - San Diego
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.