Need is asap through the end of November covering a person while they are out.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position is part of a dedicated accounting team within the Corporate General Accounting Department supporting KBR’s global intercompany & settlement process. Works with KBR Treasury, Tax, and various areas of accounting globally to meet established goals. This position performs activities that ensure KBR’s consolidated intercompany receivables/payables are in balance, mitigates tax issues, and facilitates settlement of intercompany balances. KBR has a significant level of intercompany activity across multiple platforms and foreign jurisdictions as well as a robust foreign currency structure.
- Prepares, analyzes, and distributes month-end reports to global intercompany contacts to facilitate balancing KBR’s consolidated intercompany receivables/payables.
- Analyzes and researches intercompany receivable/payable out of balances for assigned KBR companies and provides oversight and assistance to other intercompany contacts researching their assigned out of balances.
- Calculates and records interest for certain intercompany notes.
- Manages intercompany settlement system and actions settlement requests as needed.
- Assists with intercompany maintenance associated with company liquidations and other legal events as needed.
- Oversees accounting for KBR dividend declarations and intercompany distributions.
- Ensures data is uploaded and maintained in the Intercompany Balancing Tool (IBT) for the pre and post close process each month.
- Reconciles related party receivables/payables with certain unconsolidated joint venture partnerships to ensure they remain in balance.
- Completes quarterly due diligence for Corporate SOX support.
- Invoices G&A allocations and Corporate Royalties as needed.
- Performs special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting (or Business degree with strong emphasis in accounting courses).
- 3-5 years work experience in a general accounting environment preferably with a large corporation.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with MS Word, PowerPoint & Access.
- Good written and verbal communications skills to enable effective interaction with various levels of company personnel.
- Flexibility for occasional overtime and/or pre-scheduled weekend work. KBR has a 9/80 alternative work week schedule.
Job Type: Contract
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: