Position Title: Scientist II
Location: Pleasanton, Ca
Duration 6 months, unless extended
Contractor benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(K).
The Scientist II is responsible for:
- The Scientist II/Sr. Scientist will be a member of the Assay Development team in Pleasanton for the development of RUO and CE-IVD/IVD products for use on next-generation sequencing (NGS) systems. The successful candidate will help develop and implement R&D strategies for related NGS applications including nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis.
Skills the Scientist II will need:
- The successful candidate should have a background in molecular biology and human disease related fields, with hands-on experience designing, optimizing and validating multiplex PCR or NGS based products. IVD/CE-IVD product development experience is highly desirable including working under design control regulations and GMP laboratory conditions.
- The individual will work under manager supervision to plan and conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete assigned projects.
- Recommend innovative approaches, and/or expansion or curtailment of investigations based on experimental data or new scientific information arising from area of responsibility. Assume responsibility for timely completion of projects, and respond appropriately to changing priorities.
- Accurately and consistently record experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments.
- Present findings and/or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars and department meetings. Apply advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. Prepare summaries, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Strong laboratory proficiency and experience with molecular techniques and concepts.
- Knowledge of NGS based workflows including target enrichment, and library preparation is preferred.
- Experience in assay design, optimization, validation, experimental design, data analysis, and data and concept presentation is preferred.
- Job level (Scientist II/Sr. Scientist) will be determined based on relevant industry experience
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Stefani Neumann | Nationwide Recruiter | Kelly Services, Inc. eAccounts Division | www.kellycareernetwork.com | Phone 1.630.424.3699| firstname.lastname@example.org
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.