Title: BOOKKEEPING CLERK
Reports to: President Status: Part-time/Non-Exempt/Flexible
Kesselman Jones is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirement. You will be responsible, not only for our company’s fiscal records but will be managing and reconciling the income and expenses for all of the projects we coordinate. Good customer relations, oral and written communications, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position. The ideal candidate for this position can work independently and is highly process-oriented and a creative problem solver.
Please reply with a resume and cover letter.
The responsibilities of this job include supporting Kesselman-Jones, Inc.’s bookkeeping functions. Specific job requirements include:
- Data entry for A/P, A/R, and ADP
- Process payroll through ADP
- Journal entry maintenance.
- Prepares bank deposits
- Generates invoices
- Assist in cash flow management, including direct contact with customer/vendors
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
- Bank and credit card reconciliation
- CRS reporting for GRT
- Development and maintenance of bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Issue financial statements
- Maintain the annual budget
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Provide information to external accountant
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- At least an associate’s degree in accounting or business administration or completion of a specialized vocational/technical accounting program.
- At least 2 years of work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description. Preference is given to those with experience in an agency environment (retainers) and/or working with government agencies.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Intermediate to advanced experience in QuickBooks Pro 2013
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. This includes Outlook, Word, Excel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of all aspects of a small business, including business practices and procedures, management principles and practices, organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Can learn new technologies and software
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a professional business demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Capacity to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, events, and activities with ease and effectiveness.
- Customer Service oriented.
- Organized, and attention to detail and accuracy.
- A natural self-starter who enjoys independence, but can take and give direction with grace, respect, and integrity.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
- quickbooks: 2 years (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends