Krapf Bus Companies Vision: We will provide the best passenger transportation anytime, anywhere.Krapf is serious about service and safety. We are one of the largest private, family-owned school bus contractors in the U.S. In addition, Krapf has transit, paratransit and charter lines of business. Founded in 1942 with two employees, Krapf has grown to thousands of employees in multiple states. Krapf Corporate Headquarters is located in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Hiring Coordinator facilitates the application and onboarding process for prospective new employees.The Hiring Coordinator projects a customer-service oriented and professional demeanor as the first point of contact for all applicants: walk-ins, call-ins, and internet inquiries.The Hiring Coordinator also tracks all pre-employment clearances and requirements to ensure compliance with DOT and company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee recruiting for school bus division inbox, including call-backs, follow-up, and schedule for interviews
- Maintain Call Log to track inquiries and contact from applicants
- Performing follow-up confirmation calls to scheduled candidates the day before their interview
- Provide information to candidates and applicants by utilizing HR Script to give an overview of hiring process, position requirements, and expectations
- Oversee onsite application process and ensure all paperwork is filled out accurately
- Process various confidential pre-employment documents including but not limited to: State Criminal Background Check, Child Abuse Clearance, FBI/Cogent Fingerprinting, Motor Vehicle Records, and set up pre-employment Physical and Drug Screening
- Maintain pre-employment tracking spreadsheets in Excel
- Process and track all driver qualifications and background checks in Excel
- Review criminal background results and motor vehicle records against company hiring procedure. Consult with Safety Officer/Recruitment Coordinator as needed
- Offer or remove applicants – verbal and/or written communication
- Occupational Medical Center communications – issues, paperwork, waivers, status
- Assemble and submit new hire packets and district credentials to training and operations manager
- Ensure timely and accurate filing/scanning of applicant and employee paperwork on an ongoing basis
- Provide support to applicants throughout the application and pre-employment process
- Act as main point of contact for walk-in applicants and inquiries
- Create, audit, and maintain folders for new hires
- Coordinate local recruitment efforts – yard sign placement, flyers on community boards, banners, etc.
- Attend job fairs and events, as needed
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the abilities needed to perform the essential function of this position in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- At least 1 year experience in a high-volume recruiting role, or related office administration experience
- Prior experience processing background checks, pre-employment screenings, strongly preferred
- Customer-service oriented; positive attitude
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), social media, and internet skills
- Multi-Task: Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in various stages of completion
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree, strongly preferred
Krapf School Bus is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- high volume recruitment: 1 year (Preferred)