The Assistant Restaurant General Manager (ARGM) has the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of a restaurant in the RGM’s absence; ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas delivering the highest quality products and services to each guest. The ARGM is a leader in the restaurant, working closely with the RGM to successfully carry out the policies and procedures of the company and ensuring profitability.
The successful ARGM is able to:
- Address and resolve guest inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for positive engagement with guests.
- Assist RGM to recruit, hire, develop, and motivate team members; manage work schedules.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable work environment for employees and customers. Ensure the restaurant is clean and equipment is in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure that ingredients and menu items are properly stored, handled, prepared, and presented with great care and concern for food safety.
- Manage administrative responsibilities.
- Ability to work minimum 40 hrs/wk; including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to promote positive team atmosphere; opportunities for growth/development.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.