The Asset Protection Detective’s primary responsibility it to protect the assets of the company while maintaining a safe environment for our team members and customers. Support the store’s efforts to provide customer service within a controlled environment to maximize sales and profit. Under general supervision and following established procedures the Asset Protection Detective will detect and investigate dishonest activity and theft.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college desirable.
- Completion of Store Detective Training program is required upon assignment to position.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to understand shortage calculations.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception , and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate cameras and other surveillance equipment.
- Must be able to think an act clearly in stressful and hostile situations.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent us of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.