The Style Advisor is an exceptional sales associate whose primary function is to connect with customers and play an integral role in providing an outstanding shopping experience in the fitting room. This includes actively approaching the customer on the selling floor to build an initial connection, make them feel welcome and invite them to use the fitting room. The Style Advisor provides options and product recommendations to complement the customer’s wardrobe selections to drive sales and minimize returns. S/he uses product knowledge tools, technology and superior selling skills to share features, benefits and trends with customers. S/he leverages the My Client tool to drive repeat sales by building client relationships.
- Drives sales by consistently demonstrating exceptional clientele selling skills, focusing on the individual customer and their fashion and wardrobe needs.
- Immediately greet customers and actively attend to their needs in the fitting room. Provide outstanding customer service, demonstrate superior product knowledge and create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable
- Be a product knowledge expert and demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns. Leverage product knowledge and digital resources (product descriptions, customer reviews, etc.) to increase sales by educating and assisting the customer and expanding merchandise options to enable the best choices
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and preferences and offer to provide different sizes, colors, styles and make personal recommendations to build sales without the customer having to leave the fitting room area.
- Develops repeat business using My Client to regularly communicate upcoming events, new merchandise receipts and product replenishment to generate incremental sales, whether the client is in the store or not
- Leverages technology to optimize inventories across all channels; provides a relevant, seamless and fun one-to-one customer experience and ensures the customer is always the priority
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to improving the customer shopping experience
- Achieves performance goals; must be results-oriented and demonstrates a professional, “can do” attitude
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and MyStore tablet app tools. Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Serves as role model for peers and new hires on Product Knowledge, My Client and use of mobile devices to generate incremental sales
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment. Ensure merchandise from the fitting room is promptly returned to the selling floor when time permits.
- Ensures shortage prevention initiatives are executed
- Demonstrates regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, and other duties as needed, directed by the Supervisor
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- Minimum 1 year previous selling or retail experience required
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- This position requires heavy lifting and constant moving and standing. Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders.
- May have to reach above eye level.
- Ability to delegate and follow through on projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities and the needs of the business.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers, tablets and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.