Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc., (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to our corporate Accounting/Finance department.
- Support accountants and other financial staff by performing some of the basic accounting duties such as preparing deposits, processing payments, preparing and submitting tax forms, helping finance management with corporate documents, and assisting the purchasing department.
- Performs diversity of secretarial and administrative support that include a broad range of complex responsibilities involving confidential information, exercising considerable judgment and discretion, including but not limited to: prepares correspondence, evaluations, reports, meeting minutes; makes copies and sends faxes; receives and prioritizes mail; schedules meetings, conference rooms and food services for meetings; orders supplies; coordinates travel arrangements; answers phone and takes messages; maintains office records.
- Prepares requisitions, monthly invoicing, project setup and maintenance
- Coordinates company procedures/activities with corporate office
- Coordinates highly-complex and highly-confidential office projects; may assist in the training and work direction of other secretaries
- Effectively maintains office records in MS Word, MS Excel, and creates presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio
- Proactively takes on additional responsibility
- Acts as a administrative liaison with internal and/or external sources
- Anticipates work requirements based on prior requests and instructions, and proactively performs work without specific instruction to do so
- Will support members of senior management
- Serves as a backup for the receptionist
- Minimum High school education or equivalent experience
- AA degree in secretarial science or related two-year, formal course work may substitute for two years of experience
- Minimum of six years’ overall administrative support or secretarial experience
- Requires demonstrated ability to serve as sole administrative support person for a large department.
- Experienced in having wide discretion, using independent judgment
- Must have working knowledge of basic accounting functions
- Must be an advanced user of MS Office including: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Internet Explorer
- Previous experience with outlook calendar and email desired
- Able to type 50 wpm with minimal errors
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting and financial principles
- Experience with ERP systems desired
- Accuracy, attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities a must
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be dependable/punctual
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Attention to detail and professional appearance
- Flexibility to work overtime when needed