Floral Designer Overview
Provides fast, friendly, helpful and efficient service to all Price Chopper customers. Responsible for ensuring that customer orders and deliveries are accurately filled. Assists Produce Team leader, Floral Team leader or Floral teammate with day-to-day operation through adherence to all floral merchandising guidelines. Ensures that all floral products are properly displayed and maintained for quality and freshness to promote optimal opportunity for sales. Responsible for providing excellent customer service and courtesy at all times.
- Consistently to provide fast, friendly, helpful and efficient customer service at all times.
- Responsible for smiling, making eye contact and thanking customer upon fulfilling customer's request.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized workstation at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer courtesy and service at all times throughout the store.
- Responsible for performing various merchandising techniques relative to the floral department to include arrangements, displays, pricing and customer special orders.
- Ensure that all customer special orders/arrangements are accurately filled.
- Maintain all plant life within the floral operation to ensure quality and freshness.
- Observe local market conditions and competitive activity relating to floral department and keep store management and floral merchandising informed.
- Adhere to all company and state sanitation and safety procedures and regulations.
- May be required to assist with the management of the Floral Department by assuming the responsibilities of the Floral Team Leader, as per management discretion.
- May occasionally be responsible for assisting the Produce Department with merchandising.
- May be required to assist with the ordering of all merchandise and supplies for the Floral Department.
- Control shrink through adherence to related policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Pass a floral design test given by the Floral Merchandising Department.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read and write at the 8th grade level.
- At least 6-12 months of related experience.
- Frequent standing, walking, reaching and bending.
- Frequent lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in a store environment