Position Summary (Purpose of job):
Responsible for managing customer orders from our clients through EDI or manual order entry. The Order Entry Specialist will review the received orders, follow client specifications in entering orders, evaluate for accuracy and ensure this information is received correctly by our operations team for order fulfillment. Works closely with the Account Manager in providing documentation for the client, processing daily and monthly reports and resolving client issues as the arise.
- Ensuring orders are properly received via EDI manual order entry, evaluate the order for accuracy.
- Collaborate with operations for shipments with special instructions.
- Communicate with client for clarification on shipment/inventory related issues
- Keep the Account Managers informed of order, shipment and inventory issues
- Ad hoc activity – examples include setting up new Customer ship-to locations, create daily and monthly reporting, assisting with special projects
Minimum Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
Education / Training –
Business Experience –
Specialized Knowledge/Skills –
- Comfort in learning and using systems and software packages.
- Demonstrated ability to perform job functions in which attention to detail is a critical attribute.
- Ability to work independently and within a matrix team.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical products preferred.
Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) –
Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) –
- Large percent of time performing computer based work is required.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!