Payroll Coordinator Job Description
Handle all payroll related functions of McKesson. This includes and not limited to timecard entry and validation, processing and validating payroll in designated system, understanding of earnings and deductions (pretax and taxable), understanding payroll taxes (federal, state and local), maintaining and updating employee data, responding to employee questions accurately and timely. Payroll Coordinator are also responsible for assisting other departments and agencies with payroll questions, requests and completion of wage verification forms. Payroll Coordinator III will ensure payroll accuracy and employee satisfaction for our weekly, bi-weekly, and semi-monthly payrolls. Payroll Coordinator III must be able to complete assignments and tasks with limited supervision.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform daily, quarterly and annual payroll department operations.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Accurately prepare and process hourly and salary employees pay based on pay frequencies.
- Load and validate files received from field for processing.
- Review and validate payroll accuracy before releasing for final confirmation.
- Validate new hire/rehire set up and taxation.
- Understand proper taxation of earnings and deductions.
- Monitor and validate taxation for state and locals as needed for accurate payroll.
- Process garnishment orders timely to maintain compliance.
- Validate and review KRONOS time and attendance as needed to ensure accuracy in pay.
- Outstanding check reconciliation.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc.).
- Develop and process ad hoc earning reporting as needed or requested.
- Process off-cycle manual check as needed for missed pay and terminations according to state regulations.
- Manager payroll inquires by working assigned tickets and email requests within predetermines SLA’s.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Document and update payroll processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and taxes.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Working knowledge of Workday, Kronos, and ADP garnishments and banking.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently depending on the need.
- Attention to detail and the ability to enter and validate information accurately.
- Ability to deal sensitive and confidential material.
- Strong professional communication skills in listening, verbalization and writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a heavy volume fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Assist other members of the team as needed.
- Receptive to coaching and instruction from management.
- Ability to communicate needs and or suggestions in a positive constructive manner.
- Ability to adapt and remain positive during changes to processes and working conditions
- Advanced education preferred, but not required
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 years payroll processing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in multi-state payroll environment.
- Preferred Working knowledge of Workday, Kronos, and ADP garnishments and banking.
- Experience working with Canadian Payroll is a plus
- Preferred Certified Payroll Profession (FPC, CPP)
Career Level B3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!