Performs field technical work. Primarily responsible for maintain the HFC plant from node to tap through routine maintenance and repair of CATV distribution system and HSD system and for turn-on of new distribution system. Maintenance and troubleshoot the trunk system due to equipment and/or power failure.
- Conducts system tests such as signal/noise, signal/hum, summation sweep, chart recording, return loss bridge, including monthly, semi-annual and annual tests; RF knowledge/troubleshooting; sweep & balance HFC plant.
- Sets trunk levels, sets-up and changes out trunk amplifiers, calculates signal level losses in cable and equipment for trunk lines and distribution lines.
- Installs electronics and makes power connections; maintain power supplies.
- Properly uses, stores and maintains all test equipment used in system.
- Assumes full responsibility for troubleshooting and repair of the coaxial and fiber distribution system. Prepares estimates for projects, providing bill of materials.
- Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools; splices coax & fiber.
- May perform all duties of Broadband Specialist I-V, Technical Operations descriptions.
- Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
- Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
- On-call duty may be required; Other functions that may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
- Required - Minimum of 6 months’ time spent as Broadband Specialist III or 5+ years’ equivalent cable technician experience.
- Required- NCTI Service Technician
- Required- NCTI System Technician
- Preferred- DOCSIS 3.1: Customer Premise
- 18 months tenure as a Mediacom BBS III or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of all Broadband Specialist I-III responsibilities, basic commercial installs, business phone and service calls along with Home Controller.
- Knowledge of HFC plant, installs and service calls.
- Knowledge of Commercial Fiber PRI and Managed Voice installation and trouble shooting.
- Advanced level of mechanical skills for splicing
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Ability to trouble shoot customer premise equipment and cable issues
- Strenuous – Physical effort represented by frequent handling of heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand tools.