The Temporary Employee Benefits Administrator (6 months) is responsible for the day-to-day communication and administration of various health, welfare/retirement, and well-being benefit programs including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, HSA, FSA, well-being, and retirement plans. This is a generalist role intended to support all benefit programs in some fashion. It is also a critical role ensuring employees are educated in the benefit programs, able to make informed benefit choices, as well as timely and accurately enrolled in their elected benefit plans through the HRIS system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Employee Benefits Administration
- Presents employee benefit summary at New Employee Orientation (NEO) and is the SME at the follow up Benefits Q&A meeting for new hires
- Assists in preparation and distribution of various employee benefit communications, including employee meeting presentations as required
- Ensures timely and accurate processing/approval of all benefit enrollments, terminations and life event changes in the HRIS system.Frequently requires high touch employee support to ensure accurate and timely enrollment.Ensures data feeds via audit/review to vendors are correctly transmitted and received by the vendor
- Partners with payroll department and HR IT Support to ensure appropriate employee deductions. Includes per pay period excel log of employee catch up contributions related to new hires and their missed benefit payments from benefit effective date, through the next pay period pay date
- Manages and maintains employee benefit files and other required record keeping, often via temporary help from an agency
- Supports administration of well-being program in conjunction with the Wellness Advisory Council including acting as a Vitality Champ and SME.
- Supports coordination and set up of Lunch & Learn sessions, including Webex setup, and posting on the intranet for future viewing.
- Supports providing Vitality Points via excel file feed for all company sponsored activities where points are communicated in advance.
Broker and Carrier/Vendor Relations
- Serves as a “Point of Contact” for insurance brokers, carriers and other benefit related vendors with regard to daily administration of the benefits.
- Completes monthly billing/invoicing for all benefit plans/vendors and participating companies.Solely responsible for researching and resolving invoice and reconciliation discrepancies. Provides feedback to Finance and/or carriers on invoicing discrepancies. Clearly communicates and documents root cause of discrepancies and makes any necessary process improvements needed to ensure future efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintains strong vendor relations to investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.Additionally maintains strong partner relations with Payroll and Finance.
- May assist with Leave of Absence Administration and 401(k) retirement plan support on a per pay period basis
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred along with a one (1) to three (3) years of job related “hands-on” benefits administration experience.
Intermediate to advanced skill set in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Prior experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and Benefit Tracking systems preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefit Professional (CBP) certification a plus.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.