The Custodial Team Member is responsible for custodial operations and support services and will relentlessly pursue the cleaning goals of the entire organization. He or she will follow all regulations set forth by the custodial department and company. The team clean member champions the company's Mission and Vision, and models the company Values.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect the moral, legal and financial assets of the Larry H Miller Group of Companies
- Continually teach associates new and better ways of doing business with an emphasis on STEWARDSHIP, ACCOUNTABILITY, and GUEST SERVICE
- Adhere to the duties and routines for cleaning set forth by custodial management.
- Continually seek ways to improve the level of cleaning at the theatre.
- Maintain equipment and supplies in a clean, neat, and functional state at all times.
- Accept direction from Department Leaders and management
- Complete assigned tasks with the highest level of quality and in a timely manner
- Reports any unsafe working conditions to the Custodial Department Leader and/or Floor Manager
- Performs tasks as assigned, being part of a "team" with specialized positions
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be proficient in the use of basic cleaning equipment including dust mops, brooms, vacuums, mops, bowl brushes, scrub pads and dusters
- Must be proficient in the use of basic cleaning procedures including sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming and cleaning toilets, urinals, sinks and mirrors
- Must have good organizational skills including the ability to complete tasks on time and follow instructions. Must be self-motivated and able to perform an assigned task without constant supervision
- Must be detail oriented and willing to accept directions from a Department Leader when work quality is determined to be inadequate
Supervision Received and Exercised
- Receive assignments from Department Leaders, Assistant Managers and Theatre manager
- Executes work assignments in a timely and detailed manner
- Reports to custodial department leader
- Custodial team members: relays work assignments to, and execute work with.
- Assistant Manager: receives work schedules from.
Judgment and Mental Requirements
- Must be able to work with highly confidential information
- Must remain positive while working in a challenging environment
- Must be able to work quickly to meet timing deadlines
- Lifting, pulling and pushing (50 lbs.)
- Exposed to continuous walking, standing, twisting, bending and climbing stairs
- Must be able to communicate in English
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Customer Service-the individual understands his/her role in providing service.
- Oral Communication-the individual clearly identifies and expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
- Planning/Organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality-the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security-the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
I have read and understand the essential job tasks and my responsibilities as outlined above. The requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. I possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than at "at -will" employment relationship.