Chicago, IL US
350 N. Clark St Suite 300 (Chicago), IL 60654
Accounting & Finance
ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE)
Menasha Corporation is all about possibilities. Our two businesses, Menasha Packaging and ORBIS Corporation, are leaders in their industries, providing corrugated and plastic packaging products and related services to major global companies.
Our employees make the difference, proving that great ideas, collaboration and quality turn possibilities into success. Working at Menasha Corporation means that your insights provide cutting-edge solutions for our customers. If you like to make things happen and are passionate about what you do, you’re going to want to be here.
Join us and become part of the power behind possible.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Responsible for preparation of bills and invoices, the calculation and verification of billing with accounts receivable ledger. Processes changes in information system to support accurate and efficient billing process and financial close.
Essential to this Position
- Follow procedures established for accurate invoicing of assigned customers
- Research reporting discrepancies by validating information received
- Assist cash application when needed
- Establish open communication with customers and colleagues
- Accurately track un-invoiced shipments for month end accruals though daily invoicing verifications
- Run/ reconciliation outbound reports with daily revenue tracker
- Prepare month end revenue accruals for assigned customers
- Actively participate in department meetings for cross training and knowledge sharing
- Proactively work to improve DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) for customers
- Maintain audit documentation through proper filing
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Work Experience Required
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Or Abilities Desired
- Knowledge of finance, financial methods, tools and strategies
- Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material
- Knowledge of and ability to use processes, tools and techniques for exploring and evaluating alternative financial scenarios and results
- Knowledge of the functions, tools and processes needed to manage financial assets and liabilities throughout the organization
- Knowledge of the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining the books of the organization and preparing financial statements and reports
- Knowledge of financial and accounting applications specific to the organization
- 0-5 years of Accounts Receivable experience
- Strong accounting software skills – SAP experience preferred
- Proven experience creating Excel reports using Pivot tables and V-lookups
- Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT MENASHA PACKAGING
Menasha Packaging Company
is a leading designer and manufacturer of graphic consumer corrugated packaging, merchandising solutions, food packaging, shipping containers, material handling solutions, and pack-out and fulfillment services. As the largest independent retail-focused display and packaging company in North America we set new standards in sustainable packaging, and our printing and structural design capabilities are unrivaled in the industry. Our Retail Integration Institute (RII) Group uses an exclusive merchandising model with processes specifically designed to bridge the gap between consumer packaged goods companies and retailers. We currently operate seven RII campuses in geographically dispersed locations. Our 3,200+ employees include more than 100 designers and more than 50 project managers who, together with our highly skilled workforce, develop new, innovative and cutting-edge solutions for global customers. With over 40 locations we are geographically positioned to serve major food, beverage, consumer products, entertainment, electronics, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies with superior products and fulfillment services.
As an operating company of Menasha Corporation
, we celebrate over 167 years of unwavering dedication to a sustainable business strategy that focuses on keeping pace with change and market trends. Menasha Corporation
is a privately held company comprised of two subsidiaries: Menasha Packaging Company
and ORBIS Corporation. As one of America’s oldest family-owned manufacturing companies, Menasha Corporation
employs over 5,000 in over 100 facilities in North America and Europe.
Click here to view our two-minute video that shares a quick glimpse about Menasha Corporation and our exciting future.
Visit our careers site at http://careers.menasha.socialsourcingnetwork.com/ to learn more about working at Menasha and to stay connected to future job opportunities.
For more information about Menasha Packaging
, please visit www.menashapackaging.com.