Under the direction of the Product Development
Specialist, the Product Development Coordinator helps to
support the execution of the product development
timeline activities to ensure they are executed
Project Timeline Support
- Attends Project Kick Off Meetings and Weekly
Critical Path Meetings.
Administrative processes that support the product
- Coordinates Samples throughout the PD Lifecycle
following the approved sample process
- Attaches final assortment in PLM. Enters Project art
files are entered into the PLM. (Future)
- Ensure quotes run through the Michaels process in a
- Mock up packaging for samples for POG walks in
partnership with Packaging Team & CAA.
- Completes packaging SKU list
- Submits approved packaging SKU list to Packaging
- Upload completed packaging artwork files into PLM
- Confirm SKUs, Name, UPC and Retails are correct on
final art files
- Understands assigned category including sales, key
item strategies, private brand opportunities &
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge of private brand
category performance sales, margin and sell-through
- Minimum 1 year experience with a major retailer,
brand or product development/sourcing company, Store
operations experience a big plus.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Power Point
- Strong Interpersonal Skills Solid Oral and Written
Communication Skills; ability to communicate with
all levels within the company
- Highly Organized
- Ability to work some overtime, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising or Marketing is
- High school degree required or equivalent required.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Frequently
moves or lifts boxes or merchandise.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder while working
with merchandise set up