Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
We are currently seeking a Patient Coordinator for our Dental Clinic located in Milwaukie, Oregon. This position is responsible for administering the day-to-day activities of the business office, including: maintenance of the records of patients, scheduling of patients, accounts receivable, maintaining appearance and order of dental office, presentation of financial treatment plan options, and recall/recare system.
- Complete day-to-day operations of dental office
- Open and close dental office according to office protocol
- Review the office for neat, professional appearance and make necessary changes
- Greet and welcome patients and visitors to the practice
- Help explain office policy to patients
- Collect payment from patients at time of treatment
- Make follow-up appointment as needed
- See that records are stored securely and handled in compliance with HIPAA privacy and security regulations
- Assist in the treatment room as needed
- Verify and update insurance information on all patients
- Submit treatment plans for predetermination of benefits when appropriate
- Coordinate patient referrals when necessary
- Prepare claims forms for patients with dental insurance
- Monitor inventory and order office supplies as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. 1- 2 years dental office experience preferred
3. Knowledge of dental terminology, procedures and dental insurance
4. Typing ability of 40 wpm net
5. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, dental software experience helpful
6. Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable
7. Strong organizational and detail orientation skills
8. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
9. Ability to work well under pressure work with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities
10. Participate effectively as a team player
11. Ability to come into work on time and on a daily basis
12. Maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.