Position: GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Reports to: Front Office Manager / General Manager
Department: Guest Services
The Guest Service Representative is responsible for greeting and registering the guest, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. Purpose is to assist our guests efficiently, courteously and professionally in all Front Desk related functions. To maintain property’s high standard of service and hospitality. Must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests and have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times.
- Assist in maintaining public areas of the hotel in a clean and orderly condition.
- Greet and register guests and provide room assignments accommodating special requests whenever possible. Assist in pre-registration and blocking of reservations.
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently and in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain guest privacy by ensuring Key Control Policy is utilized and ensure no room numbers and/or guest names are given out without proper identification.
- Receive and transmit mail, phone, and written messages for guests.
- Promote repeat business by offering to take future reservations upon check-out at our hotel.
- Be very knowledgeable of the frequent stay club and its benefits and any current promotions being offered.
- Have working knowledge of reservations and procedures, take reservations, and know cancellation procedures and company’s walk policy.
- Communicate with incoming shift associates by logging pertinent information in the pass on log.
- Keep housekeeping and other departments informed of any special requests, late check-outs and special need areas in the hotel.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Attend to special service requests including securing of guest valuables in safety deposit boxes and ordering complimentary amenities.
- Maintain a log of items borrowed from the Front Desk and deliver items when necessary.
- Have knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, and hotel services with hours of operations; room locations, types of rooms, and room selling strategies; hotel rates and discounts and how to handle each; hotel credit and check cashing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for proper telephone etiquette.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of property management system.
- Be aware of new potential sales contacts through guest interaction and report the information to the appropriate individual.
- Contribute and support the hospitality programs to ensure their success.
- Keep the Front Desk area neat, clean, and free of safety hazards.
- Following approved laundry procedures, ensure understanding of operation of washer and dryers (where applicable).
- Assist in folding linen according to proper standards. Sheets should be folded double lengthwise, king sheets into squares, and terry as requested (where applicable).
- Adhere to no iron laundry procedures (where applicable).
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Employee Handbook and all policies and rules it contains.
- Must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the Employee Handbook, Safety Manual, and operating guides.
- Wear proper attire at all times in accordance with the Company Dress Code.
- Must be able to pass and maintain certification from TIPS and/or Responsible Vendor training if alcohol is served at your respective property.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.
- Ensure that all cash, check, and miscellaneous departments are in balance at the end of each shift.
- Check all credit cards to ensure they are valid.
- Post room charges, food & beverage charges, phone charges, compute guest bills (individual, group masters, and city ledger accounts) using PMS, collect payment and make change for hotel guests following all cash handling procedures as required by hotel brand.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the accounting system particularly how to handle guests being Direct Billed.
SAFETY & SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions immediately.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree – Hospitality/Hotel Management preferred.
- Minimum 2 to 3+ years work experience.
- Computer Knowledge/Skills: MS windows, Property Management Software.
- Experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
- Highly focused & motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Professional in appearance and presentation.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, grasping, & repetitive motions.
- Able to lift or move items weighing up to 30 lbs.
Job Type: Part-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma