This position is responsible for the operation of tools and equipment in a variety of customer work sites for the purpose of providing industrial and/or environmental cleaning.
- Arrive at branch or jobsite on time, in uniform, properly groomed, mentally alert and physically able to work.
- Operate MPW vehicle (car or van).
- Set up jobsite including water blast hose, or vacuum hose.
- Use equipment such as, water blast gun, water lance, dry vacuum hose (6"and 8"), wet vacuum hose (6" and 8"), shovels and picks.
- Strictly adhere to MPW Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Cleans equipment prior to return to MPW branch location.
- Demonstrate initiative in execution of assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
This position may be called in at various hours and days of the week 24/7, due to the emergency response nature of the business.
Several long and non-traditional hours are required as a regular part of this position.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
- Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Specialization in industrial or vocational trades preferred.
- Specific exposure to an equipment or maintenance environment.
- Experience performing manual labor in an outside setting.
4. 2-3 years of "hands on" experience with tools or heavy equipment