NBG Home is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of home decor products including custom and ready-made picture framing, lighting, wall décor, indoor and outdoor accent furniture and soft goods. We are currently seeking a Product Design and Development Manager for our Cheyenne Products division located in Bentonville, AR.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
This is an opportunity to become a part of a rapidly growing business. Utilize your skills in Merchandising, Product Development and Design, while working in a collaborative team environment.
Design driven, detail orientated, energetic, motivated self-starter to design and develop furniture for our existing and new businesses. Collaborate with the PDD team to drive design and innovation. Work cross functionally with engineering, design, sourcing and commercialization teams to ensure timely development of product. We need a team player!
PDD Manager for Walmart – Responsible for the following primary categories: Bar Stools, Lighting and Bath Organization. (some accent furniture for ecommerce)
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Design and develop all proprietary product from ideation to final approved sample
- Work with Director and SVP PDD to drive development of product for CP
- Prioritize all new product development projects and manage each project through to completion by specific deadline.
- Execute private label design from account specific directives for key accounts
- Collaborate with sales leads to identify product development needs by retailer.
- Work with sales leads to determine planning and timing of customer level PDD needs.
- Communicate accurate, clear and detailed product briefs to overseas PD team and sourcing.
- Collaborate with Product Engineers, outside designers and keys accounts on development of product
- Maintain regular communication with sales leads, PD team and Sourcing (CST/CVRO) to keep departments informed about product launches and status of all developments.
- Work with the PDD Director and SVP to evaluate new and ongoing production from factories
- Visit overseas suppliers to evaluate quality, review samples and production processes, and ensure the production of products supports Cheyenne Products brand and quality
- Conduct market assessments respective Cheyenne categories to determine market gaps, price point opportunities
- Assess customer needs, consumer information and market insights to identify new opportunities and categories of development for omni-channel retail base.
- Find opportunities for CP to introduce new products with point of difference to be competitive in the market
- Stay informed of changing consumer and market trends with respect to lifestyle, fashion, décor, color, etc. to be leveraged for product development and presentations to key customers
- Attend Furniture and Deco Markets periodically (Vegas, Highpoint, Dallas) and compile recaps of trends, materials, vendors, etc.
- Tailor monthly deliverable reports for specific customer research
- Conduct project and retailer specific research to better understand competitive landscape
- Work with sales and analytics to understand reporting, assess sales and margin for the division as well as accounts to drive design and development
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- BA/BS (design related curriculum a plus but not required)
- 3-5 years Product Development and Design experience
- Experience with wood and metal furniture design and construction
- Familiarity with big box retailers and merchandising
- Prior involvement in the development of home furnishings
- Understanding of materials and process in manufacturing setting
- Ability to travel to Asia to work with factories and sourcing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with customers, international suppliers and internal teams
- Ability to balance multiple, competing priorities and, when necessary, coordinate additional support
- Detail oriented
- Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Suite
- 5+ year of experience working with cross-functional teams and projects
- Ability to communicate design direction via Photoshop, hand sketch or 3D programs
- Prior work with Wal-Mart a plus
- Prior experience in Upholstery and/or Bar Stools a plus
- Prefer candidates who have worked in collaborative team environments