Lactation Team Leader
Are you a passionate advocate for breastfeeding moms and babies? If so, we want you! Neighborhood Health Clinics is seeking a Lactation Team Leader to assist in planning, organizing, and implementing our breastfeeding program with the Indiana Women’s, Infants, and Children (WIC) program. This is a full time, 40 hours per week, position. You will enjoy a Monday through Friday schedule (one late night required), paid holidays, and an attractive benefits package.
What you will get to do:
- Coordinate work assignments and schedule Breastfeeding Peer Counselor staff.
- Support WIC / NHC prenatal and postpartum participants in an individual or group setting to assist them in their breastfeeding experience.
- Promote breastfeeding to prenatals and work with postpartum clients/patients experiencing difficulties with breastfeeding through classes, workshops, support groups, etc.
- Counsels WIC pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, one-on-one in the WIC clinic, social media, texting, or by telephone.
- Advocate for breastfeeding throughout the community through various outreach activities.
Job Type: Full-time
- maternal and child health or clinic setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Breastfeeding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bilingual Preferred (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off