The Nike Sport Center is a unique environment serving employees at the Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon. Lifeguards at the Nike Pool work with a diverse group of swimmers and teammates. Lifeguards have a responsibility to provide member engagement, quality instruction, enforcement of policy, and most importantly a positive attitude.
- 1+ year of lifeguarding/swim instruction experience
- Experience teaching a variety of ages
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Positive attitude and ability to adapt to rapid role changes and priorities
- Lifeguard background, but open to learning skills in other areas of the Sport Department
- Team player, reliable and committed to the job
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, evenings/weekends
- Arrive to work with a warm, positive attitude
- Welcome and greet each member in friendly, courteous and prompt manner
- Get to know our members by name, and make them feel welcome
- Exhibit body language consistent with the Nike Athletic Center’s message
- Arrive to work on time, well-groomed and in proper uniform including name tag
- Enforce rules and policies while maintaining the highest level of user safety
- Understand and enforce proper use of equipment
- Willing to support other areas of the Sport Department when needed
- Understand and be confident in teaching our lesson programs if needed.
- Proactively maintain a clean and functional work space while participating in any assigned maintenance tasks
- Be a team player and be willing to help as needed.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as scheduled
Job Type: Part-time
- Lifeguarding/Swim Instruction: 1 year (Required)
- Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED (Required)