Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that’s just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
Old Navy – a brand for everyone a place for you!
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we’re on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
As part of the Field organization, you make the brand come to life for our customers. Our stores are fast paced, fun, diverse and full of passionate people who love fashion. The Field offers endless opportunities to grow your career and be a leader – of your peers, of teams, of a business, and in the community.
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you!
As the Product and Marketing Specialist, you drive profitable sales growth by managing execution of the signage, marketing, shipment, replenishment processes, and by ensuring back of house standards are met and maintained. You are the subject matter expert in all product operational processes, and ensure Brand Associates consistently meet company productivity standards and compliance measures. You support the development of the team. You create a culture of engagement and high performance through development and coaching of all Brand Associates.
As an Old Navy leader, your first priority is to contribute to the success of your store. This means that you not only deliver in your role as the Product and Marketing Specialist, but you also model leadership behaviors and deliver as a manager on duty. As the Manager on Duty, you deliver results during your assigned time, drive key performance indicators and brand loyalty by leading through your team. You make decisions and collaborate with other members of your store leadership team to prioritize work based on business needs and company direction.
Functional and Technical Skills
Managing and Measuring Work
This position description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected for the aforementioned position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2-3 years of soft lines and visual merchandising experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including travel) to meet the needs of the business, including evenings, overnight and weekend shifts
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.